Department Description of Physics
The Department of Physics was established in the academic year 1979-1980. The following are the undergraduate courses with Physics as one of the subject and got autonomous status in the year 1988.Under Graduate courses
- B.Sc (M.P.C)
- B.Sc (M.P.Cs)
The post graduate course M.Sc. Physics was introduced in the academic year 2003-2004.
and got autonomous status in the year 2017.
- M.Sc Physics
The department has highly qualified and well experienced teachers since its inception. Sri A.Vithal Rao, Dr. T. Satyanarayana Rao, Sri.R.V. Raja Kumar, Dr.MVN Padma Rao, Sri K. Rajendra Prasad, Sri G. Simhachalam,Dr.K.Bhargavi, N.K.S.P.S.Sharma, Syed Yusub , N. Siva Rama Krishna, D. Raja Sekhar, P.V.S.S.P. Rama Sastry, M.S.V.K.V. Prasad, L.N.V.H. Somasundaram, Prof.K.Krishna Murthy , Sri.L.Bhushan Kumar ,D.Bhanu Prakash, K.Kamala Priya,Dr.J.Suneetha Rani,M.Tasneem,S.Vijaya Krishna, N. Raja Sekhar, Dr.T.Srinivasa Reddy.
Sri A.Vithal Rao, Head of the Department is working as a Controller of Examinations of the college till date, since his retirement in the year 2002. Sri. T. Satyanarayana was awarded Ph.D. by Acharaya Nagarjuna University in December 2003 for his thesis entitled “Ultrasonic investigations in alcohol mixtures containing N, N-Diethyl acetamide and 1,2-Dibromo Ethane”.
Sri. M.V.N. Padma Rao has been awarded M.Phil(1999), Ph.D(2008) by Acharaya Nagarjuna University.Dr. T. Satyanarayana Rao Head of the Department worked as Vice Principal of the college during years 2006 -2007. Dr.MVN Padma Rao worked in the capacity of Principal from 01/10/2013 to 31/07/2016. He is member of
- UGC Expert committee to visit Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College, Pasumalai, Madurai, Tamil Nadu for conferment of Fresh Autonomous status to that college vide UGC F.No.3-1/2015 AC (UGC-SERO/US) dated January 2015 on 10/03/2015 and 11/03/2015.
- Member of UGC Expert committee to visit Tiruchengoda for extension of autonomy to KS Rangaswamy College of Arts & Science (A), Tiruchengoda on 21st & 22nd March 2016.
- Member of UG Expert committee to visit Paralakhemundi for extension of autonomy to SKCG (Auto) College , Paralakhe- mundi on 15th & 16th April 2016.
- Member of UG Expert committee to visit Dindigul, Tamil Nadu for conferment of autonomy to G.T.N. Arts College, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu on 4th & 5th July 2016. Member on Board of Studies of other colleges.
- Member on Academic Senate Krishna University from 26-12-2013 To 31-07-2016.
- Subject expert in FIP selection commission (Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada) He received Indira Gandhi Shiksha Shiromani Award and Rashtriya Vidya Gaurav Gold Medal Award. He has successfully completed UGC Minor Research Project in 2008.
Prof.K.Krishna Murthy, Head of the Department(PG) from 2003-2017 has guided 2 PhD’s and 13 MPhil’s. He has good number of publications in international and national journals. He has successfully completed UGC Minor Research Project in 2016.He has membership in professional bodies:
- Board of studies Member in Electronics for UG & PG Courses of Acharya Nagarjuna University.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics for PG Courses of Krishna University.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, SDMS Mahila Kalasala, Vijayawada.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, JMJ College, Tenali.
- Board of studies Member in Electronics, Maris Stella College, Vijayawada.
- Departmental Research Committee member, Dept. of Physics, Krishna University.
- Ph.D. thesis adjudicator for Vinayaka Mission University, Salem, Tamilnadu.
- Ph.D. Thesis adjudicator for Mother Theresa Women’s University, Tamilnadu, Kodiakanal.
- Ph.D. Thesis adjudicator for Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu.
At present Dr.K.Bhargavi is the Head, Department of Physics. She is the academic officer of the college. She received Best Teacher award by the Management for the year 2014-15. She has 9 publications in international journals. She was sanctioned UGC grants for minor research project. She is a life member in IAPT. Sri N. Raja Sekhar of the Department was qualified for APSET and CSIR NET.
Sri L.Bhushan Kumar was qualified for APSET, and was awarded with Doctorate Degree in 2016. Faculty of the Department are publishing research papers in reputed National and International Journals.
The Department is securing excellent results in UG & PG courses.Since the inception of Prathibha Awards by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, our students are continuously receiving these awards for excellence in PG (M.Sc. PHYSICS).
|M.Santhi sri sudha||2015||Pratibha Award|
PG students get qualified in GATE and APSET and they opt teaching as their profession ,some of them pursue research after their post graduation.
|Sk.Munimasthani||2014||TS-AP SET 2014,GATE-2016,APSET-2016 Qualified.|
|B.Hima Bindhu||2015||TS-AP SET 2014 Qualified.|
|S.Sarathkumar||2015||TS-AP SET 2014 Qualified, Chukkapalli Pitchaiah Memorial Best Student Award-2015|
UG students are regularly getting placements in various organizations like TCS, INFOSYS, L&T, ILM, CTS, TCS BPO, SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES, LAURUS LABS, HETERO DRUGS , MPHASIS, ICICI PRUDENTIAL, PEOPLE TECH LMTD, AIRTEL etc.
The highlights of the Department are
The department is recognized as research centre in 2005 to supervise M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes.
Since the inception of Prathibha Awards by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, our students are receiving the awards for excellence in PG (M.Sc. PHYSICS) every year.
The Department organize Workshops, International /National Seminars and guest lectures in Physics for the benefit of students and teachers.
Students are educated about CSIR, GATE,APSET pattern of question papers and mock tests are conducted for the same.
Many of our students participate in oral / paper presentations in seminars / conferences / workshops/events organized by other colleges and win prizes.
The academically backward students are identified and Remedial coaching is provided to them.
Bridge course in practical will be conducted in order to make the corporate college students to make them on par with students studied in Govt. and Aided colleges.
Faculty In Physics Department
|1||Dr.K.Bhargavi||M.Sc, M.Phil ,Ph.D||
|Solid State Physics, Material Science||
18 years 9months
||Condensed matter physics||
|4||N.Raja Shekar||M.Sc Qualified CSIR-NET & APSET.,(Pursuing-Ph.D)||
||Condensed Matter Physics||
|5||S.Vijaya Krishna||M.Sc (Pursuing-Ph.D)||
||Condensed Matter Physics||
||Solid State Physics||
|7||Dr.T.Srinivasa Reddy||MSc,PhD, Qualified in APSET||
||Condensed Matter Physics||
||Condensed Matter Physics||
|1||Sir Isaac Newton Lab||900 Sft||Well equipped|
|2||Homi J. Bhabha Lab||900 Sft||Well equipped|
|3||Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Lab||900 Sft||Well equipped|
|4||(Guglielmo Marconi Lab||900 Sft||Well equipped|
|5||Research Lab||900 Sft||Geiger Muller Counter, Michelson interferometer, Ultrosonic interferometer, Multisim, Gauss Meter, Astronomic telescope, DLP projector, LCR Meter, Lab furnace.|
The department of Physics conducted a UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Applications, Advances & Challenges in Space Research” on 19th and 20th September 2014. Outstanding and eminent scientists from various organizations of ISRO were invited as resource persons. Director and outstanding Scientist Dr Y.V.N. Krishna Murthy from IIRS gave a key note address on recent advances in “Geo spatial Technologies and its Applications”. Dr C.B.S. Dutt from NRSC, Hyderabad gave a talk on “Space Technology Applications to Climate Change – Causes and Effects”. Dr R.Vara Prasad from SDSC SHAR gave a talk on “Indian Space Programme – Past, Present and Future”. Dr K. Hanumantha Rao also from NRSC, Hyderabad gave an invited talk. Sri D.V.A. Raghava Murthy from ISRO, Bangalore gave an invited talk on “Overview of Indian EO Satellites and its Applications”.
|1||Management Award||BEST TEACHER||Dr.K.Bhargavi||2014-2015,|
|2||Ph.D||Optical and thermal stimulated luminescence of some rare earth ions doped PbO-SiO2 glasses-Influence||Dr.K.Bhargavi||2015,2015|
|3||Ph.D||Modeling of Sea Breeze for Visakhapatnam Region using WRF Mesoscale Model and comparison with Dopple||Dr.K.Bhargavi||Dr. J. Suneetha Rani, Lecturer in Physics was awarded Ph.D. on the thesis titled “Modeling of Sea||2016,2016-2017|
|1||Seminars||Guest Lecture on “Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - An Inspiration to Indian Youth”||Dr.K.Bhargavi||2016-07-27 to 2016-07-27|
|2||Seminars||Advances in Atmospheric and Space Physics||Dr.K.Bhargavi||2016-09-26 to 2016-09-26|
|3||Seminars||Guest lecture on "Internet of things- Application to Cloud Computing"||Dr.K.Bhargavi||2017-07-13 to 2017-07-13|
|Title Name||Event Image||Content|