PROFILE OF PRINCIPAL
Dr Ramesh Meka, M.A., M. Phil., Ph. D
Dr. M Ramesh, alumnus of this College obtained his Masters Degree from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, M. Phil from Madhurai Kamaraj University and Ph. D from Acharya Nagarjuna University. He began his career at P. B. Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada as Lecturer in Economics. He assumed as In charge Principal of the college from August, 2016.
Present position: Principal In-charge &
Head of the Department of Economics
Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada
Finance Officer, Autonomous Funds
Senior Administrative Officer, IQAC
Co-convener of Srujanotsav (A state level of cultural Fest)
Member in Steering Committee for NAAC
- Board of Studies in Economics, P B Siddhartha College of Arts & Science
- Board of Studies in General Studies, P B Siddhartha College of Arts & Science
- Board of studies in Economics, SDMS Kalasala, Vijayawada
- Board of studies in Economics, JKC College, Guntur
- Board of studies in Economics, VSR & NVR College, Tenali
- Board of studies in General Studies, KBN College, Vijayawada
Experience: 31 Years
I. As a Resource Person
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, of economics delivered a lecture on “Oligopoly Market Conditions in India” in J K C College, Guntur on 24-12-2010.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, delivered a Lecture on Inflation in India in VSR & NVR College, Tenali on 07-02-2014 at 2.00 p.m.
II. Seminars/ Workshops/ Conferences attended
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics attended a Three Day International Seminar on “Poverty in the Contemporary World – Malady, Remedy” organised by the Center for Scientific Socialism, Acharya Nagarjuna University from 18th to 20th August 2011.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics attended XXXII Annual Conference of Andhra Pradesh Economic Association on 8th and 9th February, 2014 organized by the Department of Economics, Maris Stella College, Vijayawada.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics attended a Two Day National Seminar on “Agrarian Issues and Challenges in Andhra Pradesh” conducted by the Department of Economics, Acharya Nagarjuna University on 22nd and 23rd of March 2014.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics has participated in the 3-day district Level Training Programme on “A Foundation Course in Human Values and Professional Ethics” at SRR & CVR govt. Degree College, Vijayawada from 25.08.2014 to 27.08.2014, organized by the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education, AP.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics has participated in the One Day Workshop on UGC- XII Plan Guidelines held at Govt. College (A), Rajahmundry on 17.10.2014 organized by the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education, AP.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics has participated in a two-day “National Seminar on Innovations in Higher Education” organized by IQAC on 7th and 8th November, 2014 at P. B. Siddhartha college of arts and Science, Vijayawada.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics has participated in A two-day National Seminar on “Linking Agriculture with MGNREGA” organized by Department of Economics on 7th and 8th January, 2015 at J K C college, Guntur.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics participated in a UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Socio-Economic Conditions of Marginalised Groups: A Search for Inclusive Policy” conducted on February 12 -13, 2015 at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics participated in National Workshop on Innovations in Curriculum, Teaching and Instruction for Teachers of Professional and Technical Institutions on March 4 – 6, 2015 Organized by Centre for Education Beyond curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bengaluru.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics and Academic Officer attended the Two Day National summit on Quality in Education, conducted by the CII and Institute of Quality, Bangalore on 22 -23 September 2015.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics and Academic Officer attended a “workshop on Review, Evaluation and Action Plan for UGC Community Colleges and B. Voc Centers for the States of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana” organized by Mount Carmel College (Autonomous), Bangalore on 29th September 2015.
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Economics attended “UGC sponsored One Week Faculty Development Programme (multi disciplinary workshop)” from 17th to 23rd September, 2016 organized by Sri Subbaraya & Narayana College, Narasaraopet
III. Workshops/ Seminars/ conferences/ Events organized
- Dr. M. Ramesh, HOD, Department of Economics organized an event in Economics, ‘ECON’ on 02.02.2015 for the students of Economics of other colleges in and around Vijayawada.
- One day international conference on Environment was organized by the Department of Economics in collaboration with Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust, Chennai on 23rd November, 2015 coinciding with UNO’s Paris Climate change Conference in November, 2015. Prof S A R PrasannaVenkatachariarChaturvedi Swami, Chairman, Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust delivered the key note address. The conference was chaired by the principal Dr. M V N Padmarao. Sri GaddeRammohan Rao, MLA Vijayawada East Constituency, Sri VaradanChandar Trustee, Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust, Ms. Kiran Bali, Chairperson, United Religions Initiative, UK, Sri Rama Krishna, MD, Efftronics, Sri Sridhar, Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust were the other participants of the conference.
- Dr. Ramesh Meka, Head, Department of Economics organized an event in Economics, ‘ECON’ on 12th December 2016 for the students of Economics of other colleges in and around Vijayawada.
- Dr. Ramesh Meka, Head, Department of Economics organized ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution – Impact on Business, Government and Society’ during 27-28 January 2017.
- Dr. Ramesh Meka, Head, Department of Economics organized APSCHE sponsored National seminar on “New Education Policy- Goals and Imperatives” on 14-15 March 2017.
IV. Membership in professional Bodies
- Dr. Ramesh Meka is the life member of AP Economic Association.