8(A) Naval Unit
National Cadet Corps was started by our Former Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in the Year 1948 to get a disciplined youth and to help army in the time of war.
Aims of NCC
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available in the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Cardinals of Discipline :
- Obey with a smile.
- Be punctual.
- Work hard and without fuss
- Make no excuses and tell no lies
Chief of Naval Staff : Admiral Karambir Singh
Director General NCC : Lt. Gen RK Karwal
Deputy Director General NCC (AP) : Air Cmde HJ Walia
VISION:Empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
MISSION:To develop leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture socialintegration and cohesion through multi-faceted programmes conducted in a military environment.
Sub Lt.Venkatesh Akurathi
8(A) NAVAL, NCC was launched in the year 1982 in our college. It has played an active role in the social and community services like flood relief fund collection, AIDS Awareness and Environmental Protection rallies.
N C C Activities
- Our cadets participated in Anti-Polio Rally
- Our cadets participated in Sale Armed Flags of National Communal Harmony to raise the funds.
- Our cadets collected money, food, utensils, clothes and distributed to Kerala floods.
- Our cadets participated in Independence Day, Repupblic Day Programs at our College every year.
Academic Year 2011 – 2012
Naval wing activities are conducted under the supervision of ANO S.Lt. D. Bhanu Prakash. Some of the important camps and achievements of cadets are:
- Cadet R. Sivanand Raju And Leading Cadet M. Dilip Kumar Attended All-India Navsaink Camp (AINSC) from 1st-12th Nov, 2011 At Visakhapatnam.
- Cadet Captain V. Raghavendra Reddy , Petty Officer R. Sivanand Raju, Able Cadet K. Pothu Raju attended Godavari Sailing from Bhadrachalam to Samarlakot from Aug 15th -25th 2011.
- Cadet P. Vinod and Petty Officer R. Sivananad Raju attended Ship Attachment Camp Held at Kochi, Kerala from 12th-23rd June 2011.
Leading Cadet K. Anantha Ramulu attended Advanced Leadership Camp from 20th Dec,2011-2nd Jan 2012.
Academic Year 2012 – 2013
- Leading Cadet Bollepalli Siva Rama Krishna attended REPUBLIC DAY CAMP-2013 held at NEW DELHI
Able Cadet Sk. Kaja attended Ship Attachment camp which is held at Kochi.
- Cadet Captain J.S. Naveen Kumar attended Sea Attachment Camp held at Indian Naval Ship JALASHVA.
- Able cadet P. Noble attended Advance leadership camp held at Tuticorion, Tamil Nadu.
Academic Year 2013 – 2014
- Ashok Kumar of 2nd B.Sc. (MPCs) attended NAv-Sainik camp held at Eastern Naval Command, Visakhapatnam
- Naveen Kumar of 3rd B.Com. attended Ship Attachment camp held at Southern Naval Command, Kochi.
S. Rama Krishna Reddy, A. Ashok Kumar attended Godavari Sailing from Godavari to Samarlakot.
K. Hima Bindu, Samatha attended annual Training camp held at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimalla, Kerala.
- K. Narasimha Rao attended Local Republic Day camp in Nuzivd
Academic Year 2014 – 2015
Care Taker VENKATESH AKURATHI is the ANO and enrolled 50 cadets.
D. Samatha attended RDC (Chilka) at Orissa from 7th November 2015 to 17th November 2015.
P.J. Pragna attended RDC at New Delhi from 2nd December 2015 to 9th February 2016.
- Sk. Jeesham attended LRDC at Nuzvid from 17th January to 28th January 2016.
- Ms.P. Janaki Pragna, Sr.Cadet Captain of NCC Naval Unit was selected as a member in the group of Youth Exchange Programme conducted at Singapore for 20 days scheduled from 6th November 2016 in Singapore. She is the only cadet selected from Andhra Pradesh for this programme.
Cadets V. Bharath, K. Ravi kumar, B. Kishore have attended the ARMY ATTACHMENT CAMP held at MEERUT from 1st September 2016 to 15th September 2016.
- K. Shyam Sundar, I B.Com. attended National Integration Camp held at Secunderabad on October 2016
V.Bharat Kumar and K. Ravi Kumar of III B.Sc. MPCs and A. Ramesh Babu of II B.Sc. MPC were participated in Pre-Republic Day camp held at Secunderabad.
Cadets V. Bharath Kumar and K. Ramesh Babu were attended Local RDC Camp held at Vijayawada and V. Bharat Kumar was awarded with Best Drill Trophy and a sum of Rs.10,000/- cash prize for his contingent in the parade.
Cadet K.Ravi Kumar was selected for Republic Day Camp (RDC) held at New Delhi.
- NCC Naval Wing Unit cadets participated in various National Level Camps and gave outstanding performances. Ms.V. Deepika, III B.Com. Tax is designated as ‘Petty Officer (PO)’. She got II place in Service subject examination and she got Bronze Medal in Semaphore competitions in Navasainik Camp held at Karwar, Karnataka and achieved Gold Medal in Drill in Inter Group Competitions held at Vizag in the month of October 2016.
Cadet Captain D. Samata, III B.Sc. BZC got Gold Medal in Drill event in Republic Day parade held at Chilka, Odissa State in the month of November 2016.
Cadet R. Sai, III B.Sc. BZC is designated as Leading Cadet for his meritorious performance in Republic Day parade held at Karwar, Karnataka in the month of October 2016.
Cadet A. Jaya Venkata Sai Ram, III B.Sc. (MPC) – IGC (NSC) participated and achieved Gold Medal in Drill in Inter Group Competitions held at Vizag.
Cade A.S.N. Subhash, I B.Com.TPP participated in Local Republic Day Camp held at Vijayawada on 26-01-2017.
Academic Year 2016 – 2017